NEW! 2020 Mobile Gaming Apps Report
Gaming apps are experiencing their biggest year yet. Roughly one-third of the planet’s population – 2.6 billion people – will play mobile games this year. That number is projected to grow to 2.7 billion by 2021. Furthermore, mobile gaming revenues are now set to top $100 billion this year. In total, mobile game spend will grow more than 2.8x over desktop gaming and 3.1x more than home game consoles.
2020 is a boon for mobile gaming, but marketers are challenged to maintain momentum as COVID-19 restrictions ease up and players shift attention to other activities.
Download the 2020 Mobile Gaming Apps Report for valuable user acquisition trends and benchmarks by mobile gaming sub-category, including return on ad spend, YoY trends, and more.
This report is offered in Chinese, English, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese & Spanish.
The report draws from Liftoff internal data from Jun 1, 2019, through May 31, 2020 – spanning 697 apps, 303M installs, 314M first-time events, and 6.5M in-app purchases.
Highlights from the report include:
- Day 7 and 30 ROAS for Casual, Hyper Casual, Midcore, Hardcore & Strategy, and Social Casino sub-categories
- Seasonal trends in user acquisition costs & conversation rates
- Regional insights across North America, EMEA, APAC and LATAM, with deep dives into 7 countries
- Retention benchmarks by sub-categories, regions, countries and sources
- Practical tips and strategies from leading gaming app marketers